After sales service & guarantee
How can I contact the after-sales department?
Please contact one of our service centers (download PDF)
S.T.Dupont pens(cartridges excluded), lighters, watches (leather straps excluded) and accessories are guaranteed for two years from the date of purchase, subject to normal usage conditions and adherence to the instructions for use recommended by S.T.Dupont.
In the event that the product needs to be repaired during this† guarantee period, the repair will be undertaken by S.T.Dupont (parts and labour), providing that:
- The product has not been subjected to shock, immersion, etc.
- The problem has not been caused by inappropriate handling, fair wear and tear or failure to maintain the product (e.g. clogging);
- The product has not been repaired in any way by any after-sales service other than that of S.T.Dupont or been interfered with by any person not approved by S.T.Dupont;
- The product has not been modified in any way from its original condition.
- Likewise, the rules are applicable for the following product categories:
For the lighters:
- The lighter has not been dismantled in any way other than is necessary for changing the flint or refilling the gas (according to the instructions for use).
For the pens:
- The pen has not been dismantled in any way other than is necessary for changing the cartridge (according to the instructions for use). This guarantee does not affect your statutory legal rights especially with regard to legal guarantees against faults or latent defects.
If a service becomes necessary, the customer is advised to contact a Service Center or an approved S.T.Dupont retailer directly in their country. The guarantee card and customer's name and address should be included with any article.
NOTE : S.T.Dupont cannot be held responsible for any damage, loss or alteration during repair to parts or accessories added to the product, for cosmetic or other reasons, by a third party.
My S.T.Dupont product needs repairing. What do I need to do?
Whether the problem you are experiencing with your S.T.Dupont product is covered by our guarantee or the guarantee has expired, please send your product to the following address:
MBC - BP 97 - 74210 Giez - France
or contact a Service Center closest to you (download PDF)
S.T.Dupont can only undertake a repair of the product if, when you send your product, you enclose:
- Your full and precise contact details;
- A description of the problem experienced; AND
- Proof of purchase (copy of the purchase invoice, sales guarantee).
If the product is under guarantee, you should also enclose your guarantee card.
We strongly suggest that you send your package using a tracked courier service.
IMPORTANT: We cannot be held responsible for the loss of your package, if you use a delivery method that does not include package tracking.
Once my S.T.Dupont product has been sent to after-sales, what happens then?
Upon receipt and after examination:
- If the fault is covered by guarantee: a no-charge repair will be carried out.
- If the fault is not covered by guarantee: a quotation stating the cost of the repairs will be sent to you by email or letter. We will only carry out the repairs after you have accepted the quotation.
What are the after-sales service costs?
Applicable prices as of 01/07/2013 in France (for example):
Servicing price list
Is there an after-sales guarantee?
S.T.Dupont's after-sales department guarantees any work done for twelve (12) months, both parts and labour, from the date that the item leaves our repair workshop.
IMPORTANT: This guarantee only covers the repair of the product and is separate from the two-year customer guarantee.
What happens if my S.T.Dupont product cannot be repared?
If, after examination, it is decided that your product cannot be repaired, you will be sent a letter explaining the fault, together with your product in its present condition.